How to Create a Jira card from terminal in Python
My Valentine’s gift to myself
- Go to https://github.com/pkutaj/jirc to get the stuff !
- I need to create Jira cards
- I follow Cal Newport’s C3 (capture>configure>control) time management technique (see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOQpZlZuySE) and just need to create a card to capture work for later
- I don’t like to interrupt my workflows by context switching and staying in the terminal/code editor as much as possible is how I prefer to work
- I want to play with How __main.py__ Can Be Used To Execute Directory With Python | by Pavol Kutaj | Jan, 2022 | Medium
The solution to all this is a new tiny project called jirc (jira card). It is an MVP at the moment of publishing this it is just an MVP with not much robustness/error handling. Does the job for me, though, and I don’t plan any larger future for this utility (the rule is to Finish your stuff).